Our Purchasing philosophy
Purchasing activities are intended to contribute improving the group’s profit performance and to ensure long-term growth in accordance with its Management policies.
By conducting Purchasing activities in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and with all due consideration for the global environment, human and labor rights, safety, quality and other factors which contribute to the welfare of society, Our Company will be acting as a good corporate citizen and supporting its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Our Purchasing ethics
Individuals involved in Purchasing shall at all times:
- seek to improve their knowledge, awareness and understanding of their responsibilities;
- strive for impartiality and fairness, good judgment, and moderation;
- undertake their duties with integrity, honesty and sincere attitude.
As company representatives, individuals involved in Purchasing shall undertake all activities in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations and based on the principles of good faith and fairness. Consistently operating with these goals in mind will enhance Our Company’s reputation and result in continuing improving relationships with suppliers.
Our main conduct guidelines when performing purchasing activities
The Purchasing Unit together with individuals involved in Purchasing shall:
- Always work within company procedures, legal, conduct and ethical boundaries.
- Not engage in any unfair purchasing, cartel and other infringements to competition law.
- Not solicit or receive any personal benefit from suppliers, such as excessive entertainment or gifts or kickbacks.
- Refrain from and remove conflicts of interest situations.
- When taking a Purchasing decision, always remember the need to protect human rights, labor, safety and so forth people’s health, as well as global environment; ensure equal opportunities to all suppliers (avoid discrimination based on not rational elements such as race, ethnicity, nationality, etc.)
- Always protect both our company’s confidential information as well as all sensitive information related to Our Suppliers from disclosure to any Third Parties.
- Prevent individual misbehaving act toward supplier and build a system to preclude it and to report it: On this respect Bridgestone Europe has put in place a Supplier’s Whistleblowing system.