Winning picture of the photo contest shot at Circuit of the Americas (2015) by Bonnie Lane
Bridgestone, the first ever exclusive Official Tyre supplier
Since winning its first MotoGP™ World Championship in 2007 and becoming the sport’s first exclusive tyre supplier in 2009, Bridgestone bows out of MotoGPTM after 14 years on the tracks and becoming the first ever exclusive supplier of the sport.
During Bridgestone’s tenure as Official Tyre Supplier to MotoGPTM, numerous lap records have been broken year-on-year. This season alone, a total of eleven new race lap records, thirteen qualifying lap records, and twelve total race time records were set on Bridgestone BATTLAX MotoGPTM race tyres.
Bridgestone says “thank you” at Valencia Farewell Party
More than 160 guests gathered at the Bridgestone VIP hospitality on Friday 6th of November.
Bridgestone expressed its recognition for the support it has received from the MotoGPTM teams, riders, manufacturers, Dorna, IRTA, the FIM, and other partners over the last fourteen years. Special thanks also to the millions of MotoGPTM fans around the world for their ongoing support of the championship.
The 2015 Valencia Grand Prix was marked by the fourth edition of the prestigious Bridgestone Photo Competition which sought to explore the world of MotoGPTM through Bridgestone’s passion for riding, innovation and precision.
The top 3, selected by a panel of experts, were announced during that evening. Congratulations to Bonnie Lane from the UK whose winning picture managed to capture the spirit of performance and competition as well as technical skill. Second and third were Italian Marco Campelli and Dutch Henk Keulemans respectively.
Bonnie Lane wins first place
Second place: Sachsenring Grand Prix 2015 By Marco Campelli
Third place: Aragon Grand Prix 2015 By Henk Keulemans
Bridgestone milestones in the MotoGP World Championship since 2002…
- First MotoGP race: 2002 Grand Prix of Japan, Suzuka Circuit
- First MotoGP pole position: 2002 Australian Grand Prix – Jeremy McWilliams, Proton Team KR
- First MotoGP podium: 2003 Rio Grand Prix – Makoto Tamada, Pramac Honda
- First MotoGP victory: 2004 Rio Grand Prix – Makoto Tamada, Camel Honda
- First MotoGP World Championship title: 2007 – Casey Stoner, Ducati Marlboro Team
- Second MotoGP World Championship title: 2008 – Valentino Rossi, Fiat Yamaha Team
- Final MotoGP race: 2015 Valencian Community Grand Prix
- 242 Grands Prix contested; 159 victories, 464 podiums, 157 pole positions, 9 World Championship titles
…and in 2015
- Over 9000 BATTLAX tyres were used during 18 Grands Prix and official group tests this season
- A total of 27 slick and wet tyre specifications ensured optimum safety and performance to riders this year
- Highest track temperature in 2015: 55°C at the Catalan Grand Prix during the race
- Coldest track temperature in 2015: 13°C at the French Grand Prix at the start of Free Practice 3
- Eleven new MotoGP race lap records set on Bridgestone tyres in 2015
- Thirteen new MotoGP qualifying lap records set on Bridgestone tyres in 2015
- Twelve total race time records set on Bridgestone tyres in 2015
For more information about Bridgestone’s racing heritage: www.bridgestonemotorsport.com
Thank you again to all involved in our time in MotoGPTM!