The new plant is scheduled to begin operation in January of 2018, and production capacity at the plant is expected to reach approximately 13,000 tires a day by the second half of 2022. The total investment related to the new plant is estimated to be ¥28.0 billion. Turkey has a high rate of growth in GDP, and a sound demographic composition (population of approximately 75 million/average age of 28.8 years). Additionally, tire demand in Turkey is expected to grow in the future. Brisa was established in 1988 as a joint venture with Sabancı Holding, Turkey's leading industrial and financial conglomerate. Over the past 25 years, Brisa has implemented a number of business activities closely linked to the market in Turkey. Moving forward, Brisa will continue to build a manufacturing and distribution system that will deliver products to our customers in a more efficient and timely manner.
- Location : Aksaray Province Organized Industrial Zone, Turkey
(approximately 500 kilometers southeast of Istanbul)
- Site area : Approximately 96 hectares
- Products : Passenger car radial tires
- Start of operation : January 2018 (planned)
- Production capacity : Approximately 13,000 tires per day
(planned for second half of 2022)
- Total amount of investment : Approximately ¥28.0 billion
- Company name: Brisa Bridgestone Sabancı Lastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
- Establishment: 1988
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Representative: Hakan Bayman(CEO)
- Capital: 305,116,875 Turkish lira (As of the end of December 2012). Listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange
- Ownership: Bridgestone Corporation 43.63%, Hacı Ömer Sabancı Holding A.Ş.43.63%, Others12.74%
- Net sales: US$794,000,000 (January to December, 2012)
- Operating income: US$78,000,000 (January to December, 2012)
- Number of employees: 1,745employees (As of the end of December 2012)
About Bridgestone EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Bridgestone EMEA, with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and has over 18200 employees. Across the region it has 14 tyre and tyre related plants, a major R&D Centre and a proving ground. Bridgestone EMEA’s premium tyres are sold in Europe, Middle East, Africa and globally.