The new plant is scheduled to begin operation in January of 2018, and production capacity at the plant is expected to reach approximately 13,000 tires a day by the second half of 2022. The total investment related to the new plant is estimated to be ¥28.0 billion. Turkey has a high rate of growth in GDP, and a sound demographic composition (population of approximately 75 million/average age of 28.8 years). Additionally, tire demand in Turkey is expected to grow in the future. Brisa was established in 1988 as a joint venture with Sabancı Holding, Turkey's leading industrial and financial conglomerate. Over the past 25 years, Brisa has implemented a number of business activities closely linked to the market in Turkey. Moving forward, Brisa will continue to build a manufacturing and distribution system that will deliver products to our customers in a more efficient and timely manner.
- Location : Aksaray Province Organized Industrial Zone, Turkey
(approximately 500 kilometers southeast of Istanbul)
- Site area : Approximately 96 hectares
- Products : Passenger car radial tires
- Start of operation : January 2018 (planned)
- Production capacity : Approximately 13,000 tires per day
(planned for second half of 2022)
- Total amount of investment : Approximately ¥28.0 billion
- Company name: Brisa Bridgestone Sabancı Lastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
- Establishment: 1988
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Representative: Hakan Bayman(CEO)
- Capital: 305,116,875 Turkish lira (As of the end of December 2012). Listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange
- Ownership: Bridgestone Corporation 43.63%, Hacı Ömer Sabancı Holding A.Ş.43.63%, Others12.74%
- Net sales: US$794,000,000 (January to December, 2012)
- Operating income: US$78,000,000 (January to December, 2012)
- Number of employees: 1,745employees (As of the end of December 2012)
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.