Total investments of the project will be approximately ¥3.0 billion. Production is scheduled to begin in the first half of 2015.
Demand for conveyor belts is expected to be strong over the medium to long term, as global production of mineral resources increases. Because of this trend, Bridgestone determined that it needed to strengthen its global production and supply system for conveyor belts, leading to the Company's decision to locate a new production source Thailand.
As a way to contribute to customer efforts in the areas of total cost reduction and enhanced efficiencies, the Bridgestone Group is implementing a number of global development initiatives for its solutions business, which combine products, such as tires for construction and mining vehicles and conveyor belts, with services and maintenance practices. Moving forward, the Bridgestone Group will continue to respond quickly to changes in marketplace in order to better meet customer demand and provide the high quality products and services our customers require.
< overview="" of="" bsncr="">
- Company name: Bridgestone NCR Co., Ltd.
- Location: Rayong, Thailand
- Establishment: February 1996
- Representative: Takeshi Noguchi
- Products: Anti-vibration rubber, Automotive hose, Hydraulic hose, Seat pad
- Ownership: Bridgestone Corporation - 80%, N.C.R. Rubber Industry Co., Ltd. - 20%
- Site area: 154,000 square meters
- Number of employees: 1,401 employees (As of the end of June 2013)
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.