Bridgestone Europe NV/SA announced today that its subsidiary in Poland, Bridgestone Stargard Sp. z o.o. (Stargard Plant) has decided to increase production capacity of truck and bus radial tyres (TBR). The total investment will be approximately 120 million Euro (approximately ¥12.6 billion). The planned expansion will increase the plant’s production capacity by approximately 1,350 tyres per day, bringing the plant’s capacity to approximately 3,750 tyres per day. The expansion is expected to be complete during the second half of 2014.
The Bridgestone Group is continuously enhancing its production and supply systems in order to quickly respond to global market demand trends and provide customers with high-quality products in a timely manner.
Outline the Stargard Plant
- Company Name: Bridgestone Stargard Sp. z o.o.
- Location: Suburb of Stargard, Poland
- Products: TBR
- Representative: Hiroyuki Ozaki
- Plant Site: Approximately 1,000,000 square meters
- Start of operations: 2009
- Number of employees: Approximately 620 (as of December 2011)
- Production capacity: Approximately 2,400 tyres/day (as of April 2012)
- Ownership: Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (BSEU) 100%
(BSEU is a group subsidiary, fully owned by Bridgestone Corporation, and is a regional headquarter of tyre businesses in Europe.)
About Bridgestone EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Bridgestone EMEA, with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and has over 18200 employees. Across the region it has 14 tyre and tyre related plants, a major R&D Centre and a proving ground. Bridgestone EMEA’s premium tyres are sold in Europe, Middle East, Africa and globally.