The total investment, including the relocation, will be approximately 500 million yuan, and the plant will begin production in the second half of 2014. As part of the relocation plan, production capacity at the plant is scheduled to increase to approximately 1,000,000 units per year*. Also, the new Changzhou Plant will be built with an emphasis eco-friendly construction.
Currently, Bridgestone Cycle Co., Ltd. produces bicycles at three plants in Japan and also the Changzhou Plant in China. Through this increase in capacity, its production and supply system will be further optimized. Bridgestone Cycle Co., Ltd. produces high-quality bicycles, centered on the production of high-value-added products in Japan. Meanwhile, the Changzhou Plant is working to strengthen its competitiveness by increasing productivity, centered on the production of bicycles for general use.
The Bridgestone Group will continue working to build a system for the rapid supply of products that meet market demand.
* Number of units, including bicycles and electric bicycles. The number of production units is adjusted by items.
- Location: 3-1-1 Nakazuma, Ageo City, Saitama Prefecture
- Representative: Yuji Takeuchi (President)
- Business Activities:
(1) Manufacturing and sales of bicycles: Sports bicycles, road bikes, MTBs, order-made bicycles, lightweight bicycles, mini-cycles, practical bicycles, motor-assisted bicycles, children's bicycles, etc.
(2) Manufacturing and sales of bicycle-related products: All types of cycle parts, helmets, tools, chemicals, etc.
- Capital: ¥1.87 billion
- Net sales: ¥43.3 billion (FY2012)
- Number of employees: 913 employees (as of December 31, 2012)
- Location: Changzhou City, Jiangsu, China
- Representative: Keizo Matsukuma (head director)
- Business activities: Manufacturing and sales of bicycles, electric bicycles, stainless rims, bicycle frames, etc.
- Date of establishment: December 1994
- Capital: ¥1.9 billion
- Production capacity: Bicycles and electric bicycles: approximately 650,000 units per year (as of December 2012)
- Number of employees: 935 employees (as of December 31, 2012)
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.