Firestone comes to the SIMA 2013 International Agri-Business Show in Paris from 24th to 28th February with some of its latest innovations for more efficient farming. The Firestone stand (Hall 5B, n° B115), well positioned amongst agricultural vehicle manufacturers, presents the three pillars of Firestone’s business approach to the agricultural industry:
• Innovative high-quality tyres for more efficient farming;
• Agri Point – the European network of agricultural tyre service professionals;
• E-tools that help make the farmer’s life easier.
Innovations displayed on the Firestone stand at SIMA 2013 include:
• The new Maxi Traction IF 800/70R38: a further expansion of Firestone’s high load-capacity and low soil-compaction heavy duty tractor tyre range. Thanks to the larger footprint, this D-speed rated tyre is the ideal candidate to replace 710/70R42 or 650/85R38 tyres with a more soil-friendly alternative.
• The new Maxi Traction 800/65R32 tyre for Combine vehicles: the optimal tyre for this segment, combining high efficiency, high load capacity and low soil compaction in one tyre.
• With the new Performer 270/95R48 Row Crop tyre, Firestone is entering the sprayer market with tyres featuring outstanding load carrying capacity, high speed index and accurate steering response – a combination that will certainly enhancer farming efficiency. In order to cover all specific sprayer needs, further size expansions of the Performer 85-90-95 series are planned in the coming months.
“With these new products, we provide agricultural vehicle operators with highly efficient long-life tyres that not only reduce their operating costs, but also contribute to a better environment thanks to their low soil disturbance and compaction as well as their low fuel consumption” says Yves Kerstens, Managing Director, Commercial Business Unit, Bridgestone Europe
On the stand, a touchscreen module allows visitors to discover the Firestone agricultural tyre line-up and learn how tyres are manufactured. The displayed products in combination with Agri Point – the Firestone programme available to professional independent agricultural tyre dealers – and systems like the Firestone tyre pressure smart-phone application show visitors how Firestone provides a complete solution to farmers.
About Bridgestone EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Bridgestone EMEA, with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and has over 18200 employees. Across the region it has 14 tyre and tyre related plants, a major R&D Centre and a proving ground. Bridgestone EMEA’s premium tyres are sold in Europe, Middle East, Africa and globally.