A grand opening celebration and ribbon-cutting ceremony were held at the location on January 21. Local dignitaries on hand included Ibrahim Al Janahi, Deputy CEO – Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA), and Talal Al Hashimi, Managing Director - JAFZA. Attending on behalf of Bridgestone Corporation were Kunitoshi Takeda, Vice President and Officer, Asia Paciﬁc, China, Middle East, Africa and Russia Tire Business Operations, Bridgestone Corporation, and Shoichi Sakuma, President, BSMEA.
An overview of Bridgestone Park and its facilities is provided below:
Overview of Bridgestone Park
Location: Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Plant site: 21,678 square meters
Number of employees: 20 employees
Overview of Facilities
1. Training facility
- Facility for training employees and distributor staff members in areas related to sales and technical service
2. Passenger tire retail shop
- Retail shop that will serve as a model for shops in the Middle East and Africa that handle passenger tires and car maintenance
- Expansion of the FirstStop brand, which is the retail brand in Europe
3. Truck and bus tire service center
- Service facility for sales and maintenance of truck and bus tires
4. Bandag learning center
- Facility for training in such areas as technical skills needed in the manufacturing of Bridgestone's Bandag brand retread tires
This facility is an example of Bridgestone’s continuing commitment to building a global sales and marketing support network that will respond quickly to the needs of our customers and changes in market demand.
About Bridgestone EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Bridgestone EMEA, with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and has over 18200 employees. Across the region it has 14 tyre and tyre related plants, a major R&D Centre and a proving ground. Bridgestone EMEA’s premium tyres are sold in Europe, Middle East, Africa and globally.