Bridgestone Corporation announced today that its subsidiary in Hungary, Bridgestone Tatabánya Termelö Kft. (Tatabánya Plant), has decided to increase the production capacity of its passenger car radial tyres (PSR). The total investment will be approximately 267 million Euro (approximately ¥26.7 billion). The planned expansion will increase the plant’s production capacity by approximately 12,000 tyres per day, bringing the plant’s total capacity to approximately 18,000 tyres per day. The expansion is expected to be complete during the first half of 2017.
The Bridgestone Group is continuously optimising its production and supply systems in order to quickly respond to global market demand trends and provide customers with high-quality products in a timely manner.
Tatabánya Plant Outline
- Company Name: Bridgestone Tatabánya Termelö Kft.
- Location: Suburb of Tatabánya, Hungary
- Products: passenger car radial tyres
- Plant Manager: Kenji Karato
- Plant Site: Approximately 660,000 square meters
- Start of operations: 2008
- Number of employees: Approximately 350 (as of June 2012)
- Production capacity: Approximately 6,000 tyres/day (as of June 2012)
- Ownership: Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (BSEU) 100%
(BSEU is a group subsidiary, fully owned by Bridgestone Corporation,
and is the regional headquarter of the company’s tyre businesses in Europe.)
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.