Bridgestone Corporation today announced plans to establish a new company that will manufacture, process, and sell foamed rubber, urethane, and precision electronic components in Kaiping, Guangdong Province, China. The increased capacity is in response to the growing demand for these products in the China market. Production at the new facility is expected to begin in the second half of 2013.
Through this additional production capacity, the Bridgestone Group will strengthen its supply position and more rapidly respond to customer demand for high-quality foamed rubber, urethane, and precision electronic component products. Demand for these products in the China market is projected to grow over the medium-to-long term.
Overview of the new company
- Location: Kaiping, Guangdong Province, China
- Company name: Bridgestone (Kaiping) Diversified Products Co., Ltd.
- Chairman: Nobuo Asaka
- President: Masami Katoh
- Capital: US$20 million (approximately ¥1.7 billion)
- Ownership: Bridgestone Corporation 100% (indirect investment)
- Date of establishment: January 4, 2012
- Business lines: Manufacture, processing, and sale of foamed rubber, urethane, and precision electronic components
- Number of employees: Approximately 400 (planned for end of 2013)
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.