The name of the new company is Bridgestone Tyre Sales Morocco SARLAU (BTSM).
Exports of minerals in Morocco, such as phosphate ore, and agricultural products have been growing significantly due to free trade agreements Morocco established with the European Union and the United States. Additionally, Morocco is actively establishing additional infrastructure along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in hopes of becoming a major hub for the distribution of goods in and out of North Africa. For this reason, BSMEA sees Morocco as a key region in which rapid economic expansion can be anticipated. BSMEA aims to further strengthen its business in Morocco’s highly promising market by establishing this new tyre sales company, thus increasing its ability to offer high quality products and services to the region.
< outline="" of="" btsm="">
- Company name: Bridgestone Tyre Sales Morocco SARLAU
- Location: Casablanca City, Morocco
- Representative: Kensuke Yoshida
- Date of establishment: January 17, 2011 (Commencement of operations: April 1, 2011)
- Capital: 3.3 million Moroccan dirhams (Approx. ¥33 million, calculated based on an exchange rate of 1 Moroccan dirham = ¥10)
- Ownership: BSMEA 100%
- Number of employees: 4
- Business operations: Sale of tyres (for passenger cars, trucks and buses, etc.) and tyre related services
About Bridgestone Europe
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU), with European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a key regional subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. Bridgestone Europe operates an R&D center, 8 plants and offices in more than 30 European countries, with over 13,000 employees. BSEU’s premium tyres are sold both within Europe and globally.