The name of the new company is Bridgestone Tyre Sales Morocco SARLAU (BTSM).
Exports of minerals in Morocco, such as phosphate ore, and agricultural products have been growing significantly due to free trade agreements Morocco established with the European Union and the United States. Additionally, Morocco is actively establishing additional infrastructure along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in hopes of becoming a major hub for the distribution of goods in and out of North Africa. For this reason, BSMEA sees Morocco as a key region in which rapid economic expansion can be anticipated. BSMEA aims to further strengthen its business in Morocco’s highly promising market by establishing this new tyre sales company, thus increasing its ability to offer high quality products and services to the region.
< outline="" of="" btsm="">
- Company name: Bridgestone Tyre Sales Morocco SARLAU
- Location: Casablanca City, Morocco
- Representative: Kensuke Yoshida
- Date of establishment: January 17, 2011 (Commencement of operations: April 1, 2011)
- Capital: 3.3 million Moroccan dirhams (Approx. ¥33 million, calculated based on an exchange rate of 1 Moroccan dirham = ¥10)
- Ownership: BSMEA 100%
- Number of employees: 4
- Business operations: Sale of tyres (for passenger cars, trucks and buses, etc.) and tyre related services
About Bridgestone EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Bridgestone EMEA, with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and has over 18200 employees. Across the region it has 14 tyre and tyre related plants, a major R&D Centre and a proving ground. Bridgestone EMEA’s premium tyres are sold in Europe, Middle East, Africa and globally.