Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. We employ worldwide over 145,000 people around the world, operate 3 main technical centres and 171 manufacturing plants and sell products in more than 150 countries. One in 7 vehicles in the world drives on our tyres. "Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we are looking for individuals who share our passion to fulfil this mission.
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU) was created in 1990 and our headquarters are in Zaventem, Belgium. Today, we employ more than 12,500 teammates across Europe. As of September 1, 2015 we have been transitioning to an EMEA organisation with the handover of business activities in Russia, CIS, Middle East & Africa from Japan to Europe.
- In 2015, BSEU sales totalled €3.1 billion
- 6 regional sales offices
- 9 tyre manufacturing plants (Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Hungary and Spain)
- An international logistics and supply chain infrastructure with distribution centres strategically located to serve our customers across Europe
- First Stop retail stores which can be found throughout the region
- An advanced R&D facility in Italy
- State-of-the-art Proving Grounds in Italy and Sweden
Our tyres are sold under the Bridgestone, Firestone, Seiberling and Dayton brands for both consumer and commercial use. Whether our product is used in passenger cars, 4x4 vehicles, trucks and buses, construction and off-road vehicles, tractors and agricultural machinery, motorcycles and scooters, motor sports or aircraft, we develop products focused on the needs of our end user. With its leading tyre technology, our company is a major supplier of original equipment to all major vehicle manufacturers.
For more information on our company please visit www.bridgestone.eu and www.bridgestone.com. To experience more about life at Bridgestone, check out the following link http://www.bridgestonenewsroom.eu/
As a Change & Asset Coordinator you will be responsible for managing the IT Service Management (ITSM) processes in accordance with Bridgestone Service Management Model based on the ITIL framework and best practices.
You will be focussing on the ITIL areas change management and configuration management, but will also function as backup of the colleagues responsible for other ITIL processes.
You ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes in order to minimize the impact of change upon service quality and consequently identify opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- closely work with senior management, project teams, and service providers to ensure that changes are delivered as expected.
- focus on business requirements and business risk management and compliancy.
- ensure that project activities follow the process and principles defined in the Bridgestone Service Management Model
In this role you get acquainted with Bridgestone and the IT environment, which will allow you to grow to functions with a broader responsibility.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- The management of the change management process.
The Bridgestone Europe IT infrastructure has been outsourced to a service integrator who is handling most of the day-to-day changes. You will be working closely with the service provider in CAB meetings (some are led by the service provider, some will be led by you).
You will act as primary point of contact for IT & the business for all change related aspects.
Releases at Bridgestone Europe are treated as a bundle of changes (linked to a release). This is also within your scope.
- Furthermore you are responsible for asset management and will ensure that the Configuration Mgt Data Base (CMDB) stays up to date. The updating itself in the tool is done by the outsourcing partner. You will act as a subject matter expert in your areas of expertise, and will develop your services in line with ITIL standards, improve the delivery of service quality and make improvements in a cost-conscious way.
Education (type & level):
You have a higher education in IT, engineering, or equivalent through experience. You have a working knowledge of Change & Asset Management frameworks such as ITIL (foundation).
You have experience in change management, and ideally in asset management as well.
Specific behaviour & attitudes:
- You are customer-oriented
- You are focused on continuous improvement
- You are a decision-maker
- You have the ability to manage change.
- You have good organisation and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- You are a team-worker, you are self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently.
- You take ownership and show commitment and flexibility
Fluent in English. Any additional European language is an asset.
Excellent level in Excel, good level in other MS Office tools.
Apply today if you are interested in becoming a member of our dynamic team!