We are looking for an individual to drive our compliance programs in Europe, the Middle East, Africa as well as Russia and the CIS (“EMEA) where we employ more than 18,000 teammates.
In this newly created position, you will join an international group of 15+ team members, located in 8 different countries throughout the EMEA region. Your role will be based in Brussels, where 4 more team members are based, but you will work closely with all lawyers in the team who will all act as regional and business unit compliance resources for their key clients.
You will be in charge of (i) developing with the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer a comprehensive business ethics and compliance program for EMEA, including also data privacy compliance, (ii) coordinating the build of the infrastructure required to drive a compliance culture for all of our team mates in EMEA, and (iii) rolling out the tools and processes needed to enable such program and culture.
- Develop and implement, together with the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer, an effective Compliance program for the company, with a view to create a robust compliance culture in the organization, focused on prevention (Business Conduct Guidelines, training), detection (reporting and whistleblower mechanisms) and response (including investigation capability building), enabling business units and functions to own their own compliance efforts as supported by dedicated business lawyers;
- Develop and implement, together with the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer, an effective Compliance Communication program for the company, including promoting understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures;
- Together with the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer and Internal Audit, and in partnership with Finance, HR, Internal Audit and the business lawyers, ensure that reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated, with suitable corrective or remediation action and disciplinary measures where appropriate. Generally exercise oversight over specific investigations in the designated area; implement a compliance investigations training program;
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the Compliance Program and run day-to-day operation of the Program;
- Collaborate with Control functions (Internal Audit and Finance);
- Monitor Regulatory activities to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends;
- Coordinate the identification and tracking, in conjunction with the business and regional support lawyers, of potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues;
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the General Counsel / Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Staff members informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts;
- Develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers;
- Document and maintain the firm’s compliance training record for employees;
- Develop a data protection compliance policy;
- Monitor and apply the complaints and whistleblowing policies and procedures, in accordance with applicable legislation, as the complaints & whistleblowing manager.
- Hold a Master’s degree in Law, Finance or Business Administration;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 6 years proven compliance, audit, regulatory, and/or legal management experience, including experience in building compliance infrastructure internationally;
- Demonstrate familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations;
- Data protection and privacy experience is a strong plus
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization and operating in different cultures, geographies and functions;
- Be able to innovate and implement fit for purpose compliance and risk management programs and systems;
- Be able to accomplish high-level objectives in the context of annual compliance plans;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Be pragmatic and independent, but seek continuous improvements and progress in implementing highest ethical standards;
- Be fluent in English – both written and spoken, any additional European languages are a strong plus;
- PC literate and confident with reporting software packages;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience in Middle East and Africa is a plus
- Strong values in line with Bridgestone’s behavioral expectations (= Involvement, Commitment, Ownership, Teamwork, & Flexibility )
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills