Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. We employ worldwide over 145,000 people around the world, operate 3 main technical centres and 171 manufacturing plants and sell products in more than 150 countries. One in 7 vehicles in the world drives on our tyres. "Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we are looking for individuals who share our passion to fulfil this mission.
Bridgestone Europe (BSEU) was created in 1990 and our headquarters are in Zaventem, Belgium. Today, we employ more than 12,500 teammates across Europe. As of September 1, 2015 we have been transitioning to an EMEA organisation with the handover of business activities in Russia, CIS, Middle East & Africa from Japan to Europe.
- In 2015, BSEU sales totalled €3.1 billion
- 6 regional sales offices
- 9 tyre manufacturing plants (Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Hungary and Spain)
- An international logistics and supply chain infrastructure with distribution centres strategically located to serve our customers across Europe
- First Stop retail stores which can be found throughout the region
- An advanced R&D facility in Italy
- State-of-the-art Proving Grounds in Italy and Sweden
Our tyres are sold under the Bridgestone, Firestone, Seiberling and Dayton brands for both consumer and commercial use. Whether our product is used in passenger cars, 4x4 vehicles, trucks and buses, construction and off-road vehicles, tractors and agricultural machinery, motorcycles and scooters, motor sports or aircraft, we develop products focused on the needs of our end user. With its leading tyre technology, our company is a major supplier of original equipment to all major vehicle manufacturers.
For more information on our company please visit www.bridgestone.eu and www.bridgestone.com. To experience more about life at Bridgestone, check out the following link http://www.bridgestonenewsroom.eu/
As a Digital Data Manager you will be responsible for Bridgestone North Regions big data analytics tools, CRM tools, and informational tools. You set the strategic direction of how the tools are used and developed for future capability, and align the strategic roadmap for the tools, ensuring they are meeting the strategic priorities throughout the Consumer tyre business.
You report directly to the Consumer Director, but work closely with members of the Marketing, Distribution, and Sales teams as well as with other critical parts of the Consumer Tyre, IT, and Data Management organizations. You update and maintain the tools while developing and coding expansions of existing tools and creation of new applications.
As a Digital Data Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Set the strategic direction: manage the existing and future expansion of Bridgestone’s North Region big data analytics tools, CRM tools, and other informational tools; act as single-point-of-contact for the tools and content.
- Innovation and creativity: develop new concepts and applications for the tools and their application to additional business issues and channels
- Data management: manage the IT relationship and data management side of Bridgestone's big data analytics tools, as well as manage assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations which support business objectives
- Programme roll-out: support roll-out, go-to-market and maintenance of Bridgestone's analytical tools. Review requests for changes and one time requests for output of data to ensure prioritization of requests and strategic relevance
- Performance management: install results tracking mechanisms into the tools and actively monitors use and performance of the tools
Education (type & level) :
Bachelor degree or equivalent through experience, with certification in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
You can benefit from a minimum of 5 years of experience in data analytics and/or IT experience, preferably in the tyre industry. You have experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Qlikview. You are familiar with or have a strong affinity with Data modeling, BI concepts (star schemas, ETL) and platforms (e.g. SAP BW, SAP HANA), descriptive and predictive analytical modeling, languages and tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS, Alteryx) and willingness to learn more as needed.
Specific behaviour & attitudes :
You have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and matrix organisation, have a strategic mind set with hands-on mentality, and the ability to think creatively / out-of-the-box. You're willing to travel on a regular base within Europe.
Fluent in English. Any additional European language is an asset.
Apply today if you are interested in becoming a member of our dynamic team!