Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and other rubber products as one in five vehicles in the world drives on our Bridgestone, Firestone or Dayton tires. We employ over 140,000 people around the world and sell our products in more than 150 countries.
As a Business Analyst within our FP&A team, you have a very good understanding of the overall business organisation and its various processes and how they are interlinked, including all internal policies and procedures, external legal requirements (such as fiscal) and their customer’s individual business processes and their needs. You handle all assigned tasks independently with a strong focus on controlling the quality and efficiency of your work to meet the customer’s requirements and analyse all problems, either resolving them directly or making detailed suggestions and proposals to her/his managers on how to handle some of the very complex ones.
You participate in and take an active role in projects and various ad hoc assignments, using your technical and business knowledge and analytical skills to help plan, initiate and execute such work. You also support your managers, on request, in other tasks.
Your key accountabilities
- Consolidation of monthly rolling forecast, and interaction with other areas by assisting in managing inputs.
- Production of the corresponding reports to be shared with the involved parties.
- Production of variances reports (vs. Prior Year, vs. Budget, vs. Prior Forecast) allowing the business to help visibility and information for decisions.
- You become an expert user of Anaplan Forecasting tool
- Preparation, coordination and analysis of the annual Budget process and MTP for the European Business Units.
- Consolidation of inputs as well as production of the required reports during the different stages in the process
- Collaboration with Sales & Ops Finance, Corporate Finance Head as well as other departments
- You communicate with other departments as required
Other Financial reporting activities:
- Ad-hoc reports/analysis.
- You actively participate in projects to enhance the department capabilities.
Education: Ideally Master level in Finance and Accounting, or any other Business degree
Experience: You benefit from minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in an international environment. Experience in a matrix organization is an asset. You have a good understanding of General Ledger processes, and overall business organization and processes, including the interconnections between them.
Specific behavior: Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, ability to work with considerable amount of data input, excellent problem solving (problem identification, analysis and propositions of solution), team player. You can identify and make improvement proposals and implement them. You are well organized and able to work under time pressure.
IT knowledge: Excellent Excel, experience with SAP and Anaplan are a plus.